Sunday 18 January 2009

WINKING

I saw an ad for the website for married people looking for a little fun, in a womens magazine. Weeks went by and I'd done nothing, and one night bored at home it came to me. Why not put myself on. It took me ages; I'm the least computer literate person I know and was way too scared to ask for any help!

Eventually, I sat back proudly and viewed my profile. Yep, looked good - no pic, not that daft, but the words were catchy and inviting.

From then on, every morning after school drop off I'd log on. I got loads of winks and winked back at some, only the ones with pics ( I know, but looks DO count). I had a few chats and one night with a friend after a few drinks had a real laugh with a bloke in Essex emailing backwards and forwards.

Wow, there was life out there and I was begninning to realise that thousands of people were in the same boring old boat as me! And what a confidence boost it was giving me, all this male interest after so many years of none.

Then, someone I'd winked at replied. I checked out his profile again, and more to the point his photo. It wasn't a hundred percent clear but he didn't have two heads.His profile matched what I wanted, he seemed genuine, interesting, and up for some fun. So, what was stopping me .........................nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment