Sunday 18 January 2009

MEETING

The online chatting went really well, which isn't a massive surprise as we were both testing the water and sort of knew what we wanted. And if it didn't click, we knew we could move on. It was fairly obvious we were both new to this, too, and a bit nervous - so nothing gratuitous and no outrageous flirting.

It wasn't my idea to meet - I wasn't ready to be that forward - but jumped at the chance. I knew that whatever happened I could hold a conversation together for half an hour over a coffee, and we had at least one thing to talk about, after all!

So, 9.30am in an anonymous branch of Starbucks. I scrubbed up to the best of my ability, and arrived in town with 30 minutes to spare. I arrived at the venue 5 minutes early and proceeded to pretend to read a magazine, without actually absorbing a single word.

Then you arrived. I hope you could tell I wasn't disappointed, and I greeted you with a small kiss on the cheek. The conversation came easily - we had a lot in common, and laughed. We had a second drink, which was the first hurdle - you didn't bail out as soon as you could!

We had to go eventually. You said "I won't kiss you as it's too public." Fair point. Five minutes later I sent you a text.

You're cool. I had fun, and I think I'd like to kiss you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment