Sunday 18 January 2009

THE WEB

A colleague at work told me about a website where married people can discreetly meet others in the same situation. He's 70. If you're missing out on sex, there's nothing to focus the mind quite like learning a septuagenarian is filling his boots. I took a look and was terrified, but eventually got bold and set up my own profile. I was "out there"!!!

So, a couple of hours tinkering on the computer and a credit card transaction later, my alter-ego was born. The great thing about being anonymous is you can be bold, and maybe even a little arrogant. The idea is to get yourself noticed, after all. But would anyone notice? I didn't believe this was for real until messages started appearing in my inbox. Again, I was gripped by fear. What were these people? Complete head-bangers? Tentatively, I clicked to open the message. And it was normal!!! Well written, warm and funny. Not OTT, desperate or intense, just someone who'd seen my profile and wanted to know more.

I replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment